Whether you sleep under the stars regularly or you’re still learning the difference between an oak and an elm, it’s a great time to stock up on gear for all your hiking and camping adventures. Amazon and outdoor retailers aren’t waiting until Black Friday in order to rollout major discounts on everything from boots and apparel to sleeping bags plus tents.
Need a new set of trekking poles? How about saving 53 percent on these best-selling TrailBuddy Trekking Poles with more than 39, 000 perfect five-star ratings at Amazon . com. Not every hiker uses poles, but every hiker needs high quality footwear, even if they’re not trekking at high elevations. Fortunately, some of the best hiking shoes and boots of 2022 are super marked down right now.
For example , these Merrell Moab 2 Waterproof Hiking Boots that one travel writer says have lasted her 14 years are currently 40 percent off at REI. However , if you prefer low-top shoes, you’re in luck, too. Backcountry has dropped the price of these types of Salomon X Crest GTX Hiking Shoes from $120 to just $72 — that’s a 40 percent savings. And don’t forget to scoop up clothing that can stand up to cold-weather hikes and the elements, such as this Eddie Bauer Women’s fleece quarter-zip layer for $30 (it’s half price! ) or a Lands End Men’s Waterproof Rain Jacket for 50 percent off.
These early Black Friday deals also include serious savings on must-have camping essentials, whether you are pitching a tent in the backyard or setting off to a national park. You can score this Coleman Dome Tent with a screened-in porch , which is currently nearly half off in addition to marked down to just $117 at Amazon. This North Face sleeping bag is discounted to be able to $50 at Dick’s Sporting Goods, while this camp chair and even gas fire pit from REI are 50 percent off.
With all the money you’ll save on new gear, why not use the extra cash, or at least $80 of it, to invest in a National Parks Annual Pass ? It’s the gift for you to yourself that keeps on giving. Still, that purchase can wait. The deals below, sorted by retailer, are not guaranteed to last, and as usual, supplies are limited. Make a list of what you need — or wing it — just make sure you check out these sales. Oh yeah, and happy trails!
Much like the savings we saw in Amazon’s Prime Early Access Sale , Amazon’s Early Black Friday specials are definitely eye-catching. Save 65 percent on the Teton Sports Celsius XXL Sleeping Bag or grab the ALPS Mountaineering Lynx while it’s currently 50 percent off and $124. The LifeStraw Personal Water Filter is bound to go fast, considering it’s marked down 70 percent. It has nearly 86, 000 five-star ratings and at just $15, makes for a great stocking stuffer.
- HotHands Insole Foot Warmers , $24 (originally $40)
- Sawyer Products SP657 Premium Permethrin Insect Repellent , $15 (originally $22)
- Teton Sports C XXL Sleeping Bag , $63 (originally $177)
- Cascade Mountain Tech Trekking Poles , $56 (originally $70)
- ALPS Alpinism Camp Creek 4-Person Tent , $167 (originally $300)
- Klean Kanteen Insulated Classic 20-ounce With Loop Cap , $23 (originally $35)
- ALPS Mountain climbing Lynx 4-Person Tent , $125 (originally $250)
- LifeStraw Personal Water Filter , $15 (originally $50)
- Powerlix Sleeping Pad , $33 (originally $60)
- Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped Hiking Shoe , $74 (originally $100)
- Innotree 5-Pack Women’s Cushioned Hiking Socks , $20 (originally $32)
- Wise Owl Outfitters Camping Hammock , $30 with on-site coupon (originally $40)
- Osprey Skarab 22 Men’s Hiking Hydration Backpack , $96 (originally $120)
- Merrell Women’s Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot , $87 (originally $145)
- Aurosports 10×25 Binoculars , $21 (originally $26)
- Earth Pak Waterproof Dry Bag , from $20 (originally $35)
- Blavor Solar Power Bank , $22 (originally $50)
To buy: amazon. com , $96 (originally $120)
To buy: amazon. com , $30 (originally $40)
REI made headlines last year when it announced it was closing all of its stores on Black Friday together with giving employees the day away. While its stores won’t be open this year either, the online deals are already coming in hot. Conserve 50 percent on best-sellers like the Camp Chef Redwood Gas Fire Pit and the Parks Project Camp Chair , and get more than $100 off on this backpacking bundle , which includes a tent, sleeping bag, and pad. And if youre in the market for one of the best water bottles that can keep hot drinks hot for up to 11 hours, check out this Klean Kanteen that’s marked down to a cool $13.
- Backpacking Bundle , $244 (originally $349)
- RUMPL Artist Series Original Puffy Blanket , $96 (originally $129)
- IGLOO Roller Cooler , $66 (originally $95)
- REI Co-op Siesta Hooded 25 Sleeping Bag , $64 (originally $129)
- Camp Chef Redwood Gas Fire Pit , $110 (originally $220)
- REI Co-op + West Elm Outward Rope Chair , $22 (originally $90)
- Klean Kanteen Insulated Water Bottle With Cafe Cap , $13 (originally $28)
- Parks Project Camp Chair , $55 (originally $110)
- Smith Basecamp Sunglasses , $50 (originally $99)
- Stanley Thermos , $38 (originally $72)
To buy: rei. com , $110 (originally $220)
To buy: rei. com , $38 (originally $72)
If you’re looking for footwear, shop Backcountry where you can currently save big on name brands like Keen, which has a great waterproof hiking boot for women for 32 percent off, and additionally Adidas, whose Men’s Terrex Swift R2 Hiking Shoe is 45 percent away from. There are also plenty of savings to be had on hiking apparel. The Backcountry The female Ripstop Trail Pant , a lightweight hiking pant made of recycled material, is currently marked down to just $38 (that’s a savings of 55 percent), and the Men’s Chockstone/2 Pant , which has a removable belt and UPF 50 protection, from Hill Hardwear is an even better deal. It’s just $42 (that’s a savings of 65% percent).
- Salomon Women’s X Crest GTX Hiking Shoe , $72 (originally $120)
- KEEN Women’s Targhee III Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot , $120 (originally $177)
- La Sportiva Women’s TXS GTX Backpacking Boot , $90 (originally $179)
- Stoic Women’s Lightweight Poly Crew Baselayer , $30 (originally $59)
- Backcountry Women’s Ripstop Trail Pant , $38 (originally $84)
- Salomon Men’s Quest 4 GTX Backpacking Boot , $115 (originally $230)
- Adidas Men’s Terrex Swift R3 Trekking Shoe , $72 (originally $130)
- Vasque Men’s Sunsetter Hiking Boot , $96 (originally $160)
- Huge batch Hardwear Men’s Mountain Hardwear Chockstone/2 Pant , $42 (originally $120)
- The North Face Men’s Door-To-Trail Jogger , $35 (originally $69)
To buy: backcountry. possuindo, $30 (originally $59)
To purchase: backcountry. com, $38 (originally $84)
So far Dick’s Sporting Goods has been mum about its Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals, but it does boast dozens of early Black Friday deals on its website. Highlights include the Alpine Design Men’s Trekker Hiker Boots (66 percent off) and for women, the Free Hiker Hiking Boots from Adidas (56 percent off). Of course , it is important to stay hydrated on the trail, so why not save $50 and invest in this hydration pack through CamelBack ? Dick’s Shoe also has some of the best camping tents money can buy including the Quest Switchback 8-Person Cross Vent Dome Tent , currently 40 percent off.
- Quest Switchback 8-Person Mix Vent Dome Tent , $120 (originally $200)
- Timberland Men’s 6” Premium 400g Water-proof Boots , $168 (originally $210)
- Alpine Design Men’s Trekker Hiker Boots , $44 (originally $100)
- Black Diamond Shot 11 Backpack , $30 (originally $50)
- CamelBak Octane 18 Hydration Pack , $75 (originally $125)
- Adidas Outdoor Ladies Free Hiker Hiking Boots , $88 (originally $200)
- KEEN Women’s Terradora II Waterproof Hiking Shoes , $78 (originally $165)
- Alpine Design Mens Trailhead Tech Pants, $32 , (originally $65)
- Patagonia The female Pack Out Tights , $89 (originally $120)
- The North Face Wasatch 55° Sleeping Bag , $50 (originally $65)
Land’s End is keeping it simple this year. Pretty much every full price item on the website is currently up to 70 percent off with the code PIE . Spend at least $99, and you’ll get free shipping. So far, some of the best half-off deals include this particular full zip fleece for women which comes in seven colors and this men’s fleece quarter-zip pullover which comes in six colors (and sizes regular and tall). Ladies, treat yourself to these cozy lace up boots , available in rich leather or even suede, or get yourself something practical like a rain jacket which is windproof, too. Gentleman, if you’re a fan of country music, take advantage of the sale to get Blake Shelton x Lands’ End Men’s Suede Leather Trekker Hiking Shoes for just $65.
- Women’s Cozy Lugged Lace-Up Boots , $85 (originally $170)
- Muk Luks Women’s Hiker Denali Boots , $55 (originally $80)
- Women’s Fleece Full-Zip Jacket , $23 (originally $45)
- Women’s Waterproof Rain Coat , $50 (originally $100)
- Can certainly Active 5 Pocket Pants , $39 (originally $78)
- Blake Shelton x Lands’ Finish Men’s Suede Leather Trekker Hiking Boots , $65 (originally $130)
- Men’s Trekker Soft Leather Hiking Shoes , $55 (originally $110)
- Men’s Fleece Quarter Zip Pullover , $23 (originally $45)
- Men’s Water resistant Rain Jacket , fifty dollars (originally $100)
- Men’s Straight Fit Flex Performance 5-Pocket Trousers , $38 (originally $75)
To buy: Landsend. apresentando, $50 (originally $100)
Eddie Bauer honored Veterans Day with a weekend sale of 40% off pretty much everything except clearance items. While its Black Friday and Cyber Monday offers are still TBD, the early Holiday deals are definitely worth checking out. Shop this specific stretchy, and warm, down vest for just $120 (normally it’s $199) and these stylish waterproof hiking boots , that Eddie Bauer first debuted in 1964, just for $154 (normally they’re $220). For the guy in your life, you can’t go wrong with this weather-resistant jacket currently 39 percent off of and this ultra-soft fleece number marked down from $119 to just $72. Plus, right now, Eddie Bauer is allowing Adventure Rewards Members to take 50 percent footwear, new arrivals, and more with code ADVENTURE50 .
- Men’s Chilali Faux Shearling-Fleece Full-Zip Mock , $72 (originally $119)
- Men’s Cloud Layer Pro Full-Zip Jacket , $60 (originally $80)
- Men’s Seaback Down Vest , $108 (originally $179)
- Men’s Windfoil Thermal Jacket, $96 (originally $159)
- Men’s Cloud Cap Stretch 2 . 0 Rain Jacket , $90, (originally $149)
- Women’s Quest Fleece 1/4 -Zip , $30 (originally $60)
- Women’s Glacier Peak Seamless Stretch Down Vest , $120, (originally $199)
- Women’s Reversible Astrolite Hooded Jacket , $172 (originally $229)
- Women’s Trail Tight Leggings , $70 (originally $90)
- Women’s K-6 Boot , $154 (originally $220)
To get: eddiebauer. contendo , $70 (originally $90)
To buy: eddiebauer. com , $72 (originally $119)
The Tesla of water bottles, Hydro Flasks aren’t discounted all that often. But this Black Friday (November 24 through December 5), take 25 percent off pretty much everything including this classy camp-friendly wine bundle and its best-selling classic water containers . Of course , while you wait for those deals to go live, you can score early Cyber monday specials of 25 percent down essentials like this stainless steel mug and this insulated lunch box , which has two layers of insulation so it keeps food cold for twice as long.
Love a great deal? Sign up for our T+L Recommends newsletter not to mention we’ll send you our favorite travel products each week.